Georgia Tech Alumni Association
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
The "Gold Star" records and related projects began as initiatives of the Georgia Tech Alumni Association as a way to memorialize Tech alumni and students who had given their lives or had been taken as prisoners of war or had been declared missing in action during service in the United States Armed Forces from World War I to the Vietnam War. Primary focus is on World War II and the Vietnam War.
This collection contains photos of three Tech alumni who were killed in WWII or Vietnam. There are also photos of the Georgia Tech War Memorial Plaque and drawings of its design.
- Subject: Commemoratives. X
- College students -- Georgia -- Atlanta. 1
- Correspondence. 1
- Georgia Tech Alumnus 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Casualties. 1
- Universities and colleges -- Alumni and alumnae -- Georgia -- Atlanta. 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Missing in action. 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Prisoners and prisons. 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Casualties. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons. 1