Showing Collections: 1 - 15 of 15
Abstract The Bulletin was a Tech publication, which began about 1901. This publication has had numerous forms, such as the General Catalog, the Student Handbook, and the Cooperative Bulletin. This collection contains images of campus buildings, laboratories, and equipment from various periods of the Institute's history.
Abstract This collection consists of faculty, staff, and student directories published by the Georgia Institute of Technology.
Abstract Cherry L. Emerson, the son of Georgia Tech’s first dean, Dr. William Henry Emerson, graduated from Georgia Tech in 1909 and embarked upon a successful engineering career which included over twenty-five years with Robert and Company. In 1945, he returned to Georgia Tech as Dean of the School of Engineering. In 1948, he was named vice-president; under his direction, the institution’s physical plant nearly doubled in size. He left Georgia Tech in 1955 and died in 1959. His papers include...
Abstract This collection contains photographs published in the Georgia Tech Engineer from 1938 to 1967, mainly depicting laboratories and technical subjects.
Abstract This is a collection of photographs relating to all aspects of Georgia Tech. Photographic topics include athletics, student life, academic departments, student organizations and clubs, and the Georgia Tech campus.
Abstract Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI), formerly known as the Engineering Experiment Station (EES), was created by the Georgia Legislature in 1919. The institute focuses on technical research for Georgia Tech. This collection contains three press releases dealing with GTRI research from 1947.
Abstract This collection contains images produced or collected by the Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) from ca. 1934-1997. The images document the research, activities, and history of the organization. The majority of images in the collection are from the Engineering Experiment Station (EES) historical display at the fiftieth anniversary celebration or are images used in EES/GTRI publications.
Abstract This collection is made up of Baker's identification cards; one piece of correspondence to his daughters, which dates from World War II; a condolence letter to Baker's wife; his obituaries; and dedication programs for the Baker Building on the Georgia Tech campus, named in his honor. Baker's two diplomas from Emory University (Bachelor of Law 1961; Doctor of Law 1970) and a 1973 citation from the Georgia Tech Research Institute are also included in this collection.
Collection — Box: 1
Abstract Harry Baker was a 1934 Georgia Tech graduate and the president of the Georgia Tech Research Institute from 1946 until his untimely death in 1973. The majority of this collection documents Baker's professional career while at Georgia Tech.
Abstract Records include budgets, audits, reports on examination, cost reports, and material requests, as well as correspondence dealing with campus procedures, operations, policies, and curriculum.
Abstract These records cover the two-year period during which Arthur G. Hansen was President of Georgia Tech (1969-1971), as well as the last three to five year period of the administration of President Edwin D. Harrison. These papers include administrative and personal correspondence as well as financial files.
Abstract During his long career at Georgia Tech, Dr. Paul Weber served as a faculty member in chemical engineering, dean of faculties, and vice president for planning. From 1956 to 1957, he was acting president. These papers include annual reports, correspondence, research articles, and campus publications documenting Weber’s service to the Georgia Tech community and engineering profession.
Collection — Box: 1
Abstract The photographs in this collection document Paul Weber's life as a faculty member at Georgia Tech and abroad.
Abstract R. A. Young's papers include correspondence relating to his activities as editor of the Journal of Applied Crystallography, and materials relating to his career at Georgia Tech and his research.
Abstract This collection consists of black and white photographs (primarily 8 by 10 inches) that were used in The Research Engineer, a magazine produced by the Engineering Experiment Station from 1946 to 1964. The backs of the photographs contain notes, written in crayon and pencil, about how to prepare the pictures for publication.
- Names: Georgia Institute of Technology. Engineering Experiment Station X
- Photographs. 7
- Civil engineering -- Georgia -- Atlanta. 2
- Mechanical engineering -- Georgia -- Atlanta. 2
- Wind tunnels. 2
- Annual reports. 1
- Armed Forces. 1
- College presidents -- Georgia -- Atlanta. 1
- Computer science -- Georgia -- Atlanta. 1
- Correspondence. 1
- Directories. 1
- Engineering -- Georgia -- Atlanta. 1
- Engineering -- Periodicals. 1
- Engineering experiment stations. 1
- Federal aid to research. 1
- Military education -- Georgia -- Atlanta. 1
- Military research. 1
- Physics -- Study and teaching. 1
- Research and development contracts, Government. 1
- Seeboden, Austria. 1
- The Research Engineer 1
- Universities and colleges -- Georgia -- Atlanta -- Administration. 1
- World War, 1939-1945. 1 ∧ less...