Georgia Tech Alumni Association
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
This collection contains black and white photographs used in the Georgia Tech Alumnus magazine, 1927-1975. The collection documents activities at Georgia Tech with photographs of students, athletics, events, faculty, research, alumni, and Tech buildings.
The "Gold Star" records and related projects began as initiatives of the Georgia Tech Alumni Association as a way to memorialize Tech alumni and students who had given their lives or had been taken as prisoners of war or had been declared missing in action during service in the United States Armed Forces from World War I to the Vietnam War. Primary focus is on World War II and the Vietnam War.
- Subject: Georgia Tech Alumnus X
- Coaches (Athletics) -- Georgia -- Atlanta. 1
- College students -- Georgia -- Atlanta. 1
- Commemoratives. 1
- Correspondence. 1
- Engineering -- Research -- Georgia -- Atlanta. 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Casualties. 1
- Photographs. 1
- Soldiers -- United States. 1
- Universities and colleges -- Alumni and alumnae -- Georgia -- Atlanta. 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Casualties. 1