Georgia Tech Alumni Association
Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:
This collection contains material collected by Edwin Rembert DuBose, Sr, including: personal papers, correspondence, articles, and programs related to Georgia Tech and the Alumni Association (Series 1); material collected about and from trips set up by the Georgia Tech Alumni Association (Series 2); and publications from and related to Georgia Tech, including newsletters, newspapers, magazines, programs, and campus publications (Series 3).
This collection contains photographs separated from the Edwin Rembert DuBose, Sr. Papers. It includes photographs from 1928 to 1998 and contains snapshots taken while traveling with the Georgia Tech Alumni Association, photographs and snapshots from class reunions, snapshots sent to DuBose in Christmas cards (mostly of alumni events), photos of Tech students, personal photos, and official military photographs.
The "Gold Star" records and related projects began as initiatives of the Georgia Tech Alumni Association as a way to memorialize Tech alumni and students who had given their lives or had been taken as prisoners of war or had been declared missing in action during service in the United States Armed Forces from World War I to the Vietnam War. Primary focus is on World War II and the Vietnam War.
This collection contains photographs of W. Roane Beard with various dignitaries, such as fellow Tech alumni and Hollywood movie stars and producers.
- Subject: Universities and colleges -- Alumni and alumnae -- Georgia -- Atlanta. X
- International travel. 3
- Photographs. 2
- College students -- Georgia -- Atlanta. 1
- Commemoratives. 1
- Correspondence. 1
- Georgia Tech Alumnus 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Casualties. 1
- Maps. 1
- Soldiers -- United States. 1
- Travel guides. 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Casualties. 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Missing in action. 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Prisoners and prisons. 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Casualties. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Casualties. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Missing in action. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons. 1 ∧ less...