Skip to main content

School of Physics Photograph Collection

 Collection
Identifier: VAM013

  • Staff Only

Abstract

The Physics Department was one of the eight original departments created, when Georgia Tech opened in 1888. This collection contains photographs of faculty members from the Physics Department.

Dates

  • 1933-1945

Creator

General Physical Description note

(one archival folder)

Restrictions: Access

None.

Restrictions: Use

All photograph copyright restrictions under the laws of the United States Copyright must be obeyed. All photographs in this collection are subject to approval before publication may be permitted. Permission to publish materials from this collection must be obtained from the Head of Archives and Special Collections.

Extent

0.1 Linear Feet

Scope and Contents

This collection contains gelatin silver prints. The photographs are in fair condition with some fading and silver mirroring.

Administrative History of School of Physics

The Physics Department was one of the original eight departments created when Georgia Tech opened in 1888. The first chair of the department was Isaac S. Hopkins, who also became Georgia Tech's first president.

Other Finding Aids

A print copy of this finding aid is available in the Georgia Tech Archives reading room.

Provenance

Accession #1985.1003 (old number: 85-10-03).

Separations

This collection was separated from the School of Physics Records (MS013).

General Physical Description note

(one archival folder)

Processing Information

Jody Thompson processed these papers in 2004.
Title
Inventory of the School of Physics (Georgia Institute of Technology) Photograph Collection, 1933-1945
Subtitle
VAM013
Status
Completed
Author
Jody Thompson
Date
Copyright 2004
Description rules
finding aid updated using rlg best practice guidelines for encoded archival description.
Language of description
Finding aid is written in English.

Repository Details

Part of the Archives and Special Collections, Library, Georgia Institute of Technology Repository

Contact:
Library
Georgia Institute of Technology
266 4th Street, NW
Atlanta 30332-0900 USA
404-894-4586