The Athletic Association is an independent, non-profit organization that manages Georgia Tech's sports programs. All of the photographs, except for one, are team pictures of the Georgia Tech football team between 1919 and 1938.
All copyright restrictions under the laws of the United States Copyright must be obeyed. All photographs in this collection are subject to approval before publication may be permitted. Permission to publish materials from this collection must be obtained from the Head of Archives and Special Collections.
0.4 Linear Feet
This collection consists of three negatives and three photographs. All of the negatives and two of the pictures depict the Georgia Tech football team. The third photograph is a picture of the Georgia Tech baseball team from an unspecified year in the 1920s.
The majority of the items in this collection are in good condition, with the exception of one of the photographs, which is badly faded and worn.
The Georgia Tech Athletic Association is a non-profit corporation responsible for overseeing the university’s participation in intercollegiate sports. It is governed by a Board of Trustees made up of three alumni, three students, and seven faculty members, with the head of the institution presiding over the group. The Athletic Association was started in January of 1901 to raise money for the university’s fledgling sports program. Its first goal was to reinstate the Georgia Tech football team, which had been disbanded the previous year after a winless 1900 season. When the group was incorporated in 1902, its first fundraising activity was to sell 400 shares of five dollar stock. Since then, the Athletic Association has been responsible for raising funds for all of Georgia Tech’s athletic teams, and it provides and maintains the facilities for its athletic programs.
A print copy of this finding aid is available in the Georgia Tech Archives reading room.
The manuscript records of this collection have been processed as the Georgia Tech Athletic Association Records (UA300).
Three business cards belonging to George C. Griffin, the former Dean of Students, have been relocated to the Athletic Association Records (UA300).
Leah Mickens processed these photographs in May 2006.