This collection contains one photograph of Brittain Dining Hall.
Permission to publish materials from this collection must be obtained from the Head of Archives and Special Collections.
0.05 Linear Feet
This collection contains one photograph labeled "Ga Tech Dining Hall." It is an undated photograph of Marion L. Brittain Dining Hall, presumably taken shortly before or after its opening in 1928.
Wayne Delmont Giles was an Electrical Engineering student at the Georgia School (now Institute) of Technology who enrolled in approximately 1928 and left the school in approximately 1931 or 1932. After leaving Georgia Tech, Giles lived in Smyrna, Georgia, and owned an appliance repair business named Concord Radio and TV Service.
Marion L. Brittain Dining Hall, on the East Campus of Georgia Tech, was designed by the architecture firm of Bush-Brown & Gailey, and opened in 1928. Brittain Dining Hall is named after Marion Luther Brittain, Sr. (1866-1953), the President of Georgia Tech from 1922 to 1944. At the time it opened, it was the only dining hall for Georgia Tech students.
A print copy of this finding aid is available in the Georgia Tech Archives reading room.
Accession no. 1999.0103
Manuscript material is processed separately as MS140.
Lindsay Resnick and Mandi Johnson processed this visual material in June 2012.