The papers in this collection document the early years of the Georgia Tech YMCA, the dedication of the building in 1912, and the social and religious activities at Tech that were sponsored by the YMCA, especially during the late 1930s to early 1950s. These records also provide some information on the organization's support and administration of international programs during the 1960s and early 1970s.
The T Book began in 1904 as an annual publication of the YMCA (Young Men's Christian Association) at the Georgia School of Technology. The T Book served as a student handbook. It contained information on Tech student services, activities, traditions, and customs, as well as information about the YMCA itself. The cessation of its publication coincided with YMCA's departure from campus circa the early 1970s.