Harrison, Edwin D.
- Existence: 1916 - 2001
Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:
Records include budgets, audits, reports on examination, cost reports, and material requests, as well as correspondence dealing with campus procedures, operations, policies, and curriculum.
These records cover the two-year period during which Arthur G. Hansen was President of Georgia Tech (1969-1971), as well as the last three to five year period of the administration of President Edwin D. Harrison. These papers include administrative and personal correspondence as well as financial files.
Serving as Georgia Tech's sixth president from 1957-1969, Edwin Harrison saw the school through integration, unprecedented campus expansion, nuclear energy research, and the school's 75th anniversary. Materials relating to these subjects and many others include correspondence, architectural plans, institutional and departmental reports, meeting minutes and newspaper clippings.
The photographs in this collection depict the Edison Foundation Conference on Cooperative Education, attended by President Harrison, and aerial views of the Southern Technical Institute and Naval Air Station.
- Annual reports. 1
- College integration -- Georgia -- Atlanta -- History. 1
- College presidents -- Georgia -- Atlanta. 1
- Computer science -- Georgia -- Atlanta. 1
- Correspondence. 1
- Nuclear physics -- Research -- Georgia -- Atlanta. 1
- Photographs. 1
- School buildings -- Design and construction. 1
- Universities and colleges -- Georgia -- Atlanta -- Administration. 1