A. Harris Goldwasser graduated from Georgia Tech in 1928 with a degree in Civil Engineering. These papers mainly consist of materials relating to the Georgia Tech Alumni Association's giving campaign, Roll Call, and Class of 1928 reunion information.
This collection contains Alvin M. Ferst's papers pertaining to his activities with Georgia Tech, particularly his involvement in the Georgia Tech Foundation as well as the Georgia Tech Alumni Association. Less well documented are his various civic activities in Atlanta. Ferst's personal life and his professional career at Rich's department store are not covered in the collection.
This collection contains materials from the twenty-fifth, fiftieth, seventy-fifth, and one-hundredth anniversaries of Georgia Tech.
This collection contains financial records from Georgia Tech's capital campaign, the Georgia Tech Expansion Fund, later known as the Greater Georgia Tech Fund.
Chartered in 1908, the Georgia Tech Alumni Association adopted the name Georgia Tech National Alumni Association and drafted new by-laws in 1919. This collection consists of administrative and financial documents and scrapbooks depicting the Alumni Association's history.
This collection brings together the annual reports, reports to investors, committee reports, newsletters, and brochures published by the Georgia Tech Foundation.
Founded in 1932 as the Georgia Tech Alumni Foundation, the Georgia Tech Foundation raises and distributes funds for the benefit of the Georgia Institute of Technology and higher education in Georgia. These records primarily document the establishment of the foundation and its financial status in the 1970s.
A dedicated room for Georgia Tech's library was first established in 1899, and the first librarian, Madge Flynn, was hired in 1901. From these humble beginnings, the library grew steadily over the years. These reports include monthly summaries of finances and activities to the president and library committee from librarians Madge Flynn and her successor, Laura Hammond.
The Library Book Shower was held on November 22, 1907 to raise funds and solicit book donations for the new Carnegie Library. The records include publicity, calling cards, invitation, and correspondence from invited guests.
The idea for the Alexander Memorial Coliseum as a living memorial to William A. Alexander, longtime football coach and athletic association director, was conceived shortly after his death in April 1950. These records document the fundraising activities of the volunteer corps that set out to raise $1.5 million in three months.
As a Georgia Tech alumnus, William H. Glenn stayed in contact with the school through community and business ties. His papers, composed exclusively of correspondence, illustrate his involvement with Georgia Tech, including his service as president of the National Georgia Tech Alumni Association.