This collection contains the lecture notes, research materials, biographical information, and correspondence of Earl Wadsworth McDaniel, professor of Physics at the Georgia Institute of Technology.
Joseph Herman Howey (1901-) served as chair of the School of Physics. In 1976, the Physics Building was named in his honor. His papers include a manuscript notebook, entitled "Vector Analysis" and inscribed "J. H. Howey, Yale University, 1927."
R. A. Young's papers include correspondence relating to his activities as editor of the Journal of Applied Crystallography, and materials relating to his career at Georgia Tech and his research.
The Physics Department was one of the eight original departments created, when Georgia Tech opened in 1888. This collection contains photographs of faculty members from the Physics Department.
The Physics Department was one of the original eight departments created when Georgia Tech opened in 1888. The first chair of the department was Isaac S. Hopkins, who also became Georgia Tech's first president. This collection contains student records (1919-1920), administrative correspondence of J.B. Edwards (1932-36), and personnel files of the Physics Department during the 1940s.
The Thomas W. Jennings papers consist of two physics laboratory notebooks and one athletics ticket book owned by Thomas Whitfield Jennings, a 1930 Civil Engineering graduate of Georgia Tech.