The early presidents of Georgia Tech were influential in shaping the character of the institution and determining its future. Materials contained within this collection include correspondence, press releases, school records, maps and architectural drawings from the presidencies of Lyman Hall, Kenneth G. Matheson, Marion L. Brittain, and Blake R. Van Leer.
This collection contains financial records from Georgia Tech's capital campaign, the Georgia Tech Expansion Fund, later known as the Greater Georgia Tech Fund.
The Library Book Shower was held on November 22, 1907 to raise funds and solicit book donations for the new Carnegie Library. The records include publicity, calling cards, invitation, and correspondence from invited guests.
The School of Chemistry Records include Annual Reports of the director of the Department (later School) of Chemistry, correspondence, two Annual Reports of the Dean of Graduate Courses, and a few departmental planning documents and reports.
William Gilmer Perry was a faculty member of the English Department at Georgia Tech for 47 years. These papers relate to his status as an adjunct professor and later, as the department head.