Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Abstract This collection is made up of four series that document the day-to-day operations of the College of Architecture as well as the professional work of the Bush-Brown, Gailey, and Heffernan architectural firm, particularly the Tech buildings designed by the firm.
Abstract This collection contains photographs and architectural drawings from the College of Architecture relating to architecture classes and projects as well as materials related to Tech buildings, particularly those designed by Bush-Brown, Gaily, and Heffernan.
Abstract Douglas C. Allen was a former professor of Georgia Tech’s School of Architecture where he worked for 37 years. A specialist in landscape architecture, Allen also participated in several architectural projects in the United States and abroad through various architecture firms. His papers include course materials from his years at Harvard and at Georgia Tech, research and teaching records, documents from his contributions at the architecture firms, and a number of reports about landscape...
Abstract Frank Beckum taught architectural history and drafting in the College of Architecture from 1955 until 1990, serving as Assistant Dean from 1982 until 1990. His papers include course materials from his architectural history classes, primarily lectures and exams.
Abstract This collection contains significant material on Bush-Brown's tenure in the School of Architecture at Georgia Tech as well as the period of his retirement years, particularly the research and writing of his book, Beaux Arts to Bauhaus and Beyond: An Architect's Perspective. Family correspondence, diaries, and Bush-Brown's personal notebooks also form part of this rich collection.
Abstract Series 1 is subdivided into nine subseries: Biographical files; certificates and awards; correspondence; diaries and agendas; education; financial records; home renovation and maintenance and real estate documents; programs and playbills; and travel. The first series richly documents Heffernan's personal life. The series containing P. M. Heffernan's professional papers (SERIES 2) includes a significant amount of material relating to Heffernan's professional life as professor and Director of the...
Overview These records contain the administrative files, annual meeting notes and plans, and publication for the Southeast Society of Architectural Historians (known as SESAH), which is a regional chapter of the Society of Architectural Historians.
- Subject: Architecture -- Study and teaching. X
- Georgia Institute of Technology. College of Architecture 5
- Georgia Institute of Technology. Buildings 4
- Bush-Brown, Gailey, and Heffernan (Architectural firm) 3
- Bush-Brown, Harold 3
- American Institute of Architects 2
- Georgia Institute of Technology. College of Architecture. History 2
- Heffernan, P. M. (Paul Malcolm) 2
- American Society of Architectural Historian 1
- Association of Collegiate Schools of Architecture 1
- Balfour, Alan (Alan H.) 1
- Beckum, Arthur F., Jr. (Arthur Franklin) 1
- Bush-Brown family 1
- Bush-Brown, Henry Kirke 1
- Bush-Brown, James 1
- Bush-Brown, Lydia 1
- Bush-Brown, Margaret Lesley 1
- Bush-Brown, Marjorie Conant 1
- Conant family 1
- Conant, James Bryant 1
- Conant, James S. 1
- Conant, Jennet O. 1
- Craig, Robert 1
- École nationale supérieure des beaux-arts (France) 1
- Fash, William L. 1
- Gailey, James Herbert 1
- Galloway, Thomas D. 1
- Georgia Institute of Technology. Center for Architectural Conservation 1
- Georgia Institute of Technology. Faculty 1
- Hancock, Virginia Heffernan 1
- Harvard University. Alumni and alumnae 1
- Historic American Buildings Survey 1
- Iowa State University. Alumni and alumnae 1
- Iowa State University. History 1
- Kelly, John A. 1
- Myers, John H. 1
- Smith, Joseph N. 1
- Society of Architectural Historians. Southeast Chapter 1
- Templer, John A. 1 ∧ less...