Georgia Institute of Technology. Library
Found in 19 Collections and/or Records:
The Atlanta Chapter Report, American Red Cross is a single issue of the Atlanta Chapter's newsletter, dated March 1947. It contains an article concerning a flu epidemic on the Georgia Tech campus.
Baseball as a varsity sport began at Georgia Tech in 1895. This scrapbook contains newspaper articles documenting the 1906 and 1907 seasons.
This collection consists of photographs of students using library computers.
The records include correspondence, annual reports, and statistical data containing information relating to library staff and faculty, Georgia Tech colleges and schools, library associations and vendors, and other administrative matters concerning the operation of the Georgia Tech Library and Information Center.
This collection consists of photographs of the interior of the Georgia Tech library.
This collection contains one photograph of Frances Newman. This is the same photograph that appeared in the 1924 Atlanta Constitution article announcing Miss Newman as the new librarian at Georgia Tech.
Frank H. Neely, business and civic leader in Atlanta, graduated from Georgia Tech in 1904. His ties to Tech remained strong throughout his life, and his philanthropy is visible throughout campus. These papers include scrapbooks, correspondence, and printed materials primarily documenting his receipt of the Gantt Medal (1952) and Taylor Key (1958), and the Neely medal collection which was housed in the Rae and Frank Neely Room in the Library and Information Center.
This collection contains images of Georgia Tech Library buildings, events, and employees through the years.
This collection contains photographs from the farewell party for Julia Zimmerman, former Associate Director of the Georgia Tech library. The party, held in July 1999, took place in the Bill Moore Student Success Center.
The photographs in this collection document the studio of sculptor Julian H. Harris and the 1987 exhibit at the Georgia Tech library commemorating his work.
Laura Hammond was an early librarian at Georgia Tech. These papers consist of a variety of her correspondence during her tenure, as well as addresses and speeches she gave at professional meetings.
The slides are primarily from the 1960s and are color photographs. Some of the slides are undated and unidentified, while others have descriptions written on the slides themselves. Included are pictures from the 75th Anniversary celebrations, the 1962 Convocation, the innauguration of Arthur Hansen, pictures of Tech's campus and Tech students, pictures of charts and graphs and other information, as well as pictures of research and manufacturing equipment.
The Library Book Shower was held on November 22, 1907 to raise funds and solicit book donations for the new Carnegie Library. The records include publicity, calling cards, invitation, and correspondence from invited guests.
The campus of Georgia Tech served as the Olympic Village for the 1996 Centennial Olympic Games in Atlanta. For Tech, the Olympic Village represented the single biggest construction project in the school's history. In addition to the construction of seven new dormitories, such as Sixth Street Apartments and Hemphill Avenue Apartments, Tech also acquired an aquatic center. Although the majority of the photographs are not dated, they all originated around the 1996 Centennial Olympic Games.
This collection contains several photographs from Georgia Tech's Price Gilbert Memorial Library's Welcome Event for students. The photographs were taken at the beginning of the fall semester in August 2000.
This collection contains headshots of Richard Meyer as well as a few images related to his professional activities, 1982-1996.
This collection contains numerous photographs of students working on computers in the Georgia Tech library, with the assistance of Miriam Drake and Anne Tinker, former head of the Systems Department.
This collection consists of a report from the Woodruff Library of Emory University and the Georgia Institute of Technology Library and Information Center to the Robert W. Woodruff Foundation, Inc., which funded a project to build virtual library capabilities at both institutions.