Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI)
- Usage: 1984-
- Usage: 1934 - 1984
Found in 17 Collections and/or Records:
The Bulletin was a Tech publication, which began about 1901. This publication has had numerous forms, such as the General Catalog, the Student Handbook, and the Cooperative Bulletin. This collection contains images of campus buildings, laboratories, and equipment from various periods of the Institute's history.
This collection consists of faculty, staff, and student directories published by the Georgia Institute of Technology.
This collection contains photographs published in the Georgia Tech Engineer from 1938 to 1967, mainly depicting laboratories and technical subjects.
This is a collection of photographs relating to all aspects of Georgia Tech. Photographic topics include athletics, student life, academic departments, student organizations and clubs, and the Georgia Tech campus.
Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI), formerly known as the Engineering Experiment Station (EES), was created by the Georgia Legislature in 1919. The institute focuses on technical research for Georgia Tech. This collection contains three press releases dealing with GTRI research from 1947.
This collection contains images produced or collected by the Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) from ca. 1934-1997. The images document the research, activities, and history of the organization. The majority of images in the collection are from the Engineering Experiment Station (EES) historical display at the fiftieth anniversary celebration or are images used in EES/GTRI publications.
This collection is made up of Baker's identification cards; one piece of correspondence to his daughters, which dates from World War II; a condolence letter to Baker's wife; his obituaries; and dedication programs for the Baker Building on the Georgia Tech campus, named in his honor. Baker's two diplomas from Emory University (Bachelor of Law 1961; Doctor of Law 1970) and a 1973 citation from the Georgia Tech Research Institute are also included in this collection.
Harry Baker was a 1934 Georgia Tech graduate and the president of the Georgia Tech Research Institute from 1946 until his untimely death in 1973. The majority of this collection documents Baker's professional career while at Georgia Tech.
The negatives are primarily undated, unidentified, black and white pictures. They appear to be pictures from the early days of the Georgia Tech Enginnering Experiment station. The pictures are primarily of mechanical equipment and people doing research.
Records include budgets, audits, reports on examination, cost reports, and material requests, as well as correspondence dealing with campus procedures, operations, policies, and curriculum.
These records cover the two-year period during which Arthur G. Hansen was President of Georgia Tech (1969-1971), as well as the last three to five year period of the administration of President Edwin D. Harrison. These papers include administrative and personal correspondence as well as financial files.
During his long career at Georgia Tech, Dr. Paul Weber served as a faculty member in chemical engineering, dean of faculties, and vice president for planning. From 1956 to 1957, he was acting president. These papers include annual reports, correspondence, research articles, and campus publications documenting Weber’s service to the Georgia Tech community and engineering profession.
The photographs in this collection document Paul Weber's life as a faculty member at Georgia Tech and abroad.
R. A. Young's papers include correspondence relating to his activities as editor of the Journal of Applied Crystallography, and materials relating to his career at Georgia Tech and his research.
The Research News and Publications Office Visual Materials consists of slides and photographs documenting research and innovation at Georgia Tech and organizations related to Georgia Tech. The images in this collection were taken to illustrate articles in one of RNPO's publications.
This collection consists of black and white photographs (primarily 8 by 10 inches) that were used in The Research Engineer, a magazine produced by the Engineering Experiment Station from 1946 to 1964. The backs of the photographs contain notes, written in crayon and pencil, about how to prepare the pictures for publication.