This collection contains materials from the twenty-fifth, fiftieth, seventy-fifth, and one-hundredth anniversaries of Georgia Tech.
This publication, which has been given various titles over the years, has served primarily as the school catalog for Georgia Tech since its inception in 1888-1889, providing descriptions for courses offered in each discipline at the school, as well as other information of relevance to Georgia Tech students.
This collection consists of faculty, staff, and student directories published by the Georgia Institute of Technology.
This collection contains one black and white photograph of the dedication of the Chi Epsilon key monument on the Georgia Tech campus in September 1945.
This inventory draws together all of the publications that relate to the cooperative program at Georgia Tech, including bulletins, guides, handbooks, and newsletters.
This collection consists of the annual reports of the Dean of Faculties, which include reports on each college and division under the Dean of Faculties' purview, as well as data on current faculty at Georgia Tech.
The Georgia Tech Fact Books include annual facts and figures about the Institute, such as admission and enrollment statistics, organizational charts, listings of administrative faculty and staff, student information, finances, research, and facilities.
This collection contains Georgia Tech faculty biographical information, which includes such information as date of birth, education, and military service.
This collection contains a single piece of correspondence from the Georgia Tech faculty to the Georgia Tech Board of Trustees, which dealt with group insurance for faculty and staff.
This collection contains the minutes from the faculty meetings at the Georgia Institute of Technology from 1888-1965, including discussions, decisions, rulings, and reports that occurred during these meetings. The collection also includes minutes from a variety of faculty committees.
This collection contains faculty attendance records from 1932-1947.
Correspondence concerning the retirement of D. M. (David Melville) Smith, Professor of Mathematics at Georgia Tech from 1913 to 1954. Smith succeeded Floyd Field as head of the Department of Mathematics in 1936 and served in that capacity until 1951. The contents of this collection were removed from a scrapbook containing tributes to Smith compiled by George C. Griffin.
The photographs in this collection, collected by George C. Griffin, relate to all aspects of Georgia Tech and its history, including students, faculty, administrators, alumni, sports, traditions, and buildings. This collection is particularly strong in athletic and alumni photographs from the first half of the 20th century. Nearly 600 of these images are available for online viewing.
The Alumni Association collected these slides documenting faculty, staff, students, buildings, alumni, and athletics at Georgia Tech.
This collection contains black and white photographs used in the Georgia Tech Alumnus magazine, 1927-1975. The collection documents activities at Georgia Tech with photographs of students, athletics, events, faculty, research, alumni, and Tech buildings.
The subject files consist of a wide range of files relating mainly to the history of Georgia Tech. The subject files contain a variety of newspaper clippings, articles, and ephemera on Georgia Tech academic and extracurricular life.
This is a collection of photographs relating to all aspects of Georgia Tech. Photographic topics include athletics, student life, academic departments, student organizations and clubs, and the Georgia Tech campus.
This publication served primarily as the course catalog for Georgia Tech graduate students from 1945 to 1973, and it provided other information of relevance to this part of the Georgia Tech student population. Before 1945 and after 1973, information for graduate students is included in the Announcements/General Catalog for Georgia Tech (see the finding aid for the Announcements/General Catalog).
This collection contains a single letter from Harvey West, President of the "T" Club, to the Georgia Tech faculty regarding student dances.
The pictorial history, Images and Memories: Georgia Tech, 1885-1985,was one of several projects celebrating Georgia Tech's centennial in 1985. This collection contains copy prints of many of the photographs that appeared in the book.
As head of the Department of Modern Languages, Dr. J. B. Crenshaw retained the faculty correspondence, departmental annual reports, and drafts of academic papers that are contained in this collection.
The James Herty Lucas papers include newspaper clippings relating to Georgia Tech, a Tech dance invitation, a pamphlet on the engineer William States Lee, and three undated typewritten histories of civil, structural, and highway engineering at the Georgia Institute of Technology.
The James Herty Lucas Visual Materials contains five photographs and three postcards. All items relate to Georgia Tech. Lucas was an alumni and professor of Highway and Civil Engineering at Tech.
This 32-page report describes training and research programs undertaken at Georgia Tech during World War II.
This collection contains incoming and outgoing correspondence to and from John Saylor Coon, as well as a ledger that Coon kept between about 1916 and 1919.
This collection contains one reprint photograph of John Saylor Coon.
This collection contains the biographical information and research papers of Dr. Leslie G. Callahan, Jr., a professor at Georgia Tech from 1969-1985.
This collection contains nine black and white photographs including an image of the wood shop and several early years of Mechanical Engineering graduates.
In 1988, under the leadership of then-President John Patrick Crecine, a restructuring plan was undertaken to prepare for the future of Georgia Tech as it continued to develop as a dominant technical institution. Michael E. Thomas, then acting executive vice president, was deeply involved in the academic restructuring. These papers, including correspondence, meeting minutes, reports, and proposals, document the reorganization of Georgia Tech.
This collection contains photographs used by Institute Communications and Public Affairs at Georgia Tech for marketing and publications. Some photographs are historical images, but most are from approximately 1980-1998 and pertain to events at Georgia Tech during that time period.
This collection includes correspondence, academic papers, book manuscripts, department reports, personal research, and campus publications pertaining to Ray L. Sweigert's research, and to his work as Dean of Graduate Studies at Georgia Tech.
The Regulations for Students, Faculty, and Instructors consists of booklets and some accompanying textual material outlining the rules and regulations for governing the student body at Georgia Tech.
Sandra W. Thornton joined the faculty of Georgia Tech in 1962 as an instructor in political science, retiring as assistant professor in the School of Public Policy in 1997. These papers document her activities in formulating Georgia Tech policy in the late 1980s and early 1990s.
The Physics Department was one of the eight original departments created, when Georgia Tech opened in 1888. This collection contains photographs of faculty members from the Physics Department.
The Physics Department was one of the original eight departments created when Georgia Tech opened in 1888. The first chair of the department was Isaac S. Hopkins, who also became Georgia Tech's first president. This collection contains student records (1919-1920), administrative correspondence of J.B. Edwards (1932-36), and personnel files of the Physics Department during the 1940s.
This collection consists of Georgia Tech admissions catalogs, containing information on qualifications and deadlines for admission; campus life at Georgia Tech; brief descriptions of academic programs, freshman courses, and undergraduate degrees; admission policies and procedures; and financial aid.
William Gilmer Perry was a faculty member of the English Department at Georgia Tech for 47 years. These papers relate to his status as an adjunct professor and later, as the department head.