This collection documents the early history of the Georgia Tech honor code.
This collection contains materials from the twenty-fifth, fiftieth, seventy-fifth, and one-hundredth anniversaries of Georgia Tech.
This collection contains visual materials related to the twenty-fifth and one-hundredth anniversaries of Georgia Tech.
This publication, which has been given various titles over the years, has served primarily as the school catalog for Georgia Tech since its inception in 1888-1889, providing descriptions for courses offered in each discipline at the school, as well as other information of relevance to Georgia Tech students.
The Blueprint documents student life during the twentieth and twenty-first centuries on the Georgia Tech campus.
The Bulletin was a Tech publication, which began about 1901. This publication has had numerous forms, such as the General Catalog, the Student Handbook, and the Cooperative Bulletin. This collection contains images of campus buildings, laboratories, and equipment from various periods of the Institute's history.
Slides of the Georgia Institute of Technology campus in Atlanta, as well as research projects, and what appear to be slides from a faculty meeting.
This collection consists of faculty, staff, and student directories published by the Georgia Institute of Technology.
The Class of 1926 Freshman Banquet Program documents a banquet held on May 19, 1923 at the City Club, providing a class roll, officers, and statistics (i.e., participants in sports), as well as details on the evening's events. The program appears to be inscribed "Ruth Steed"; however, Robert Jackson Hood's name is marked where it appears in the program.
This inventory draws together all of the publications that relate to the cooperative program at Georgia Tech, including bulletins, guides, handbooks, and newsletters.
This collection contains Georgia Tech track and cross country records, such as a program/score card and a roster.
This single item is a decal promoting Georgia Tech school spirit.
Georgia Tech offered its first doctor of philosophy degree in 1950. These records discuss such concerns as residency requirements, presentation of thesis topics, and course requirements.
This collection consists of numerous photographs of Georgia Tech President Blake Van Leer while in office (1944-1956), but there is also one photograph of William Alexander, Georgia Tech football coach from 1920 to 1944. Several photographs were found in an envelope marked Gasper-Ware Studio (876 West Peachtree Street, Atlanta).
This collection contains information on enrollment in the School of Engineering and numbers of degrees granted.
The Georgia Tech Fact Books include annual facts and figures about the Institute, such as admission and enrollment statistics, organizational charts, listings of administrative faculty and staff, student information, finances, research, and facilities.
This collection contains Georgia Tech faculty biographical information, which includes such information as date of birth, education, and military service.
This collection contains faculty attendance records from 1932-1947.
This collection brings together the Georgia Tech publications on the subject of financial aid.
This collection includes speeches, lectures, and presentations given by G. Wayne Clough, during his tenure as the tenth President of the Georgia Institute of Technology (1994-2008). The collection exists only in its original digital form.
This collection contains one Western Union telegram for fictitious Georgia Tech student George P. Burdell. The telegram deals with Burdell's Navy recruitment in 1946.
This collection consists of three Athletic Hall of Fame certificates for football, two from 1955 and one from 1964.
Each year, Georgia Tech's faculty, staff, and administrators send Christmas cards to members of the local community and the campus. This collection is a representation of those Christmas cards.
This collection consists of printed commencement programs for the Georgia Institute of Technology. Portions of this collection have been digitized and are available to view online: http://hdl.handle.net/1853/64926
This collection contains photographs published in the Georgia Tech Engineer from 1938 to 1967, mainly depicting laboratories and technical subjects.
Georgia Tech opened its doors on October 8, 1888 with 129 students. By 1905, the enrollment had increased to 500, due to the recruiting efforts of the administration. Numerous advertisements and brochures were produced to boost Tech's student population during the early twentieth century. This collection includes brochures, advertisement clippings, and a poster focusing on Georgia Tech's recruiting attempts in its early years.
This collection consists of several copies of a booklet titled "Georgia Tech's Golden Tornado: Champions 1928," as well as newspaper clippings on the subject of the 1928 Tech Yellow Jackets football team.
This publication served primarily as the course catalog for Georgia Tech graduate students from 1945 to 1973, and it provided other information of relevance to this part of the Georgia Tech student population. Before 1945 and after 1973, information for graduate students is included in the Announcements/General Catalog for Georgia Tech (see the finding aid for the Announcements/General Catalog).
This collection consists of Helen E. Grenga's papers relating to the Georgia Tech chapter of the Society of Women Engineers, as well as her materials on women in engineering in general.
This collection consists of one photograph of Helen E. Grenga with a group of women, possibly the Georgia Tech chapter of the Society of Women Engineers.
The pictorial history, Images and Memories: Georgia Tech, 1885-1985,was one of several projects celebrating Georgia Tech's centennial in 1985. This collection contains copy prints of many of the photographs that appeared in the book.
The Industrial Archaeology records contain historical research, correspondence, maps, photographs, diagrams, and publications for a variety of industrial sites throughout the state of Georgia. These sites include: mills, canals, railways, bridges, factories, warehouses, and industrial machinery. The majority of the information and research is from the 1970s by Professor James E. Brittain while at Georgia Institute of Technology.
J. Walter Estes was a graduate of Georgia Tech in 1904. This collection consists of correspondence and a travel itinerary for a group of Georgians on an industrial tour of northern cities.
The drawings in this collection are related to Reeves' professional projects as an electrical engineer from the 1960s to the early 1980s. The drawings are, for the most part, electrical plans for private residences, schools, college buildings, and other public buildings in the state of Georgia.
The manuscript materials in this collection are mainly related to Reeves' professional projects as an electrical engineer from the late 1960s to the early 1980s. Also significant are an annotated manual of electrical engineering laboratory experiments from coursework at Georgia Tech and several annotated course manuals from continuing education classes Reeves completed, apparently during the 1930s.
The photographs in this collection are possibly related to Reeves' professional projects as an electrical engineer from the late 1960s to the early 1980s.
As a faculty member of the Department of Social Sciences during his tenure at Georgia Tech, Melvin Kranzberg was instrumental and influential in establishing the School of History, Technology and Society after his retirement. This collection includes professional papers, transcripts of speeches, media articles and correspondence that span his educational and academic career.
Dr. Melvin Kranzberg, leader in the field of history of technology, served as professor in Georgia Tech's history department. These photographs document his personal and professional life.
This collection contains a single insurance pamphlet for new Georgia Tech employees.
The Regulations for Students, Faculty, and Instructors consists of booklets and some accompanying textual material outlining the rules and regulations for governing the student body at Georgia Tech.
This collection consists of a report from the Woodruff Library of Emory University and the Georgia Institute of Technology Library and Information Center to the Robert W. Woodruff Foundation, Inc., which funded a project to build virtual library capabilities at both institutions.
This report from the first term of the 1933-1934 school year focuses on student activities, such as student classes, sports, fraternities, and clubs.
The Student Examinations and Papers Collection includes exams and academic papers from different departments and schools throughout campus, such as the English, Physics, and Mathematics departments.
The handbooks in Series 1 describe programs and activities available for undergraduate students, while Series 2 contains guides specifically intended for graduate students at Georgia Tech. Handbooks for students in specific fields are found in Series 3.
The Technique newspaper documents student life during the twentieth and twenty-first centuries on the Georgia Tech campus. This collection is available in analog form, and some volumes are also available digitally.
This collection consists of Georgia Tech admissions catalogs, containing information on qualifications and deadlines for admission; campus life at Georgia Tech; brief descriptions of academic programs, freshman courses, and undergraduate degrees; admission policies and procedures; and financial aid.